Early Head Start
Ages : 6 weeks – 3 years
Available at CLC Franklin Street
Stamford Early Head Start is open to expectant families and families with children 6 weeks to three years old and offers free comprehensive services to children whose families meet federal income guidelines.
The program is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Who is eligible?
- Expectant families and children birth to three years old whose parent(s) meet the federal income guidelines outlined here
- Children birth to three with disabilities and/or special needs whose parents meet the federal income guidelines
- We must serve a minimum of 10% of children with disabilities
Is this a full-day program?
Early Head Start operates a 6 hour full-day program at no cost.
There is the option of a 10 hour extended day program with a sliding-scale fee. The extended day program is partially funded by the State Department of Education.
What does the Early Head Start Program offer your child?
- Activities that help children grow mentally, socially, emotionally and physically
- Developmental screenings
- Continuum assessment three times a year using the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment tool
- Health screenings within the first 45 days of attendance
- Dental screening within the first 90 days of attendance
- Nutrition services providing healthy meals and advice
- Services to preschool children with disabilities and/or special needs
What will expectant families and children benefit from?
- Activities for parents working as partners in their child’s education and development
- Social services support: Community referrals for programs such as job training, food and nutrition, English language and health services
- Parent support groups
- Leadership training as members of the Policy Council and the CLC governing board
- Collaborative partnership with community providers to meet the needs of the families
This program is offered at our Franklin Street Location located at:
72 Franklin Street
Stamford, CT 06902-4949