Family Service Manager
Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County (CLC), the 3rd largest not-for-profit provider of Early Childhood Education in the State of Connecticut, has an immediate opportunity for a Family Service Manager for its programs in Stamford.
In this position you will support and advocate for families, make referrals for identified services such as basic needs, parenting, and family counseling. You will also supervise a small staff of family service professionals.
- Working knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards required.
- MSW or equivalent is desired along with some supervisory experience.
- English/Spanish bilingual abilities a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(K) plan.
For consideration, please e-mail/fax resume including salary requirements to:
Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County
64 Palmer’s Hill Road
Stamford, CT 06902
Visit our web site at: www. clcfc.org
EOE committed to diversity in the workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Masters
Social Services: 5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Preschool Teaching Positions
Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County (CLC) – Stamford, CT
Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County’s (CLC) teachers enjoy a collaborative environment working with and being supported by other staff members including on-site health care providers, social and family service workers, a nutritional team, educational coordinators, and educational managers, to provide a safe, warm, nurturing, and challenging environment where children are free to explore, learn, and grow, while serving their families and the community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and planning all aspects of curriculum
- Maintaining a safe, healthy environment for the children
- Partnering and communicating with parents
- Documenting the children’s progress and accomplishments through assessments
- Collaborating with all co-workers and supervision of Assistant Teachers
Minimum Required Qualifications by Teacher Classification:
Head Teacher – Preschool:
- BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education, or
- BA/BS degree including 36 credits specific to *Early Childhood Education, with
- Some supervisory experience
Teacher – Preschool:
- AA/AS in Early Childhood Education, or
- AA/AS degree including 30 credits specific to *Early Childhood Education
- BA/BS degree preferred
Working knowledge of Creative Curriculum, CT Early Learning and Development Standards, CT Preschool Assessment Framework, LEP, NAEYC Portfolio, Head Start, and OEC Regulations favorable but not required as training will be made available.
Assistant Teacher – Preschool:
- Current CDA (Child Development Associate), and/or
- 12 credits specific to *Early Childhood Education, or
- CT 30 credit *Early Childhood Certificate
*Note: Specific to Early Childhood is defined as coursework inclusive of “Birth”, “Nursery”, and/or “Pre-K”. Coursework excluding Early Childhood, “K”, “Elementary”, “Secondary”, cannot be considered for education requirements. Credentials accepted are Connecticut’s Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC), Praxis #113, #112, #065, #001, #002, #003, or #008.
As an employee of Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County you will enjoy a creative work environment with competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k), generous vacation, sick time, and personal time, major Federal Holidays including the week of Christmas, weather related closings, tuition reimbursement, professional development, promotional opportunities, Employee Assistance Program, and more.
Length of Work Year: 51 weeks
Hourly Rate: Hourly rates are based on education and total college credits specific to Early Childhood Education, as per Union contract.