Together, We'll Shape a Generation Through Early Childhood Education
Building a Just Future Where Every Child and Family Thrives Because of Early Childhood Education
We promote learning, fun, work, and play in our organization; we celebrate our successes, admit our mistakes, and learn from both.
Children’s Learning Centers of Fairfield County (CLC) has been a leader in developing and implementing high-quality and affordable early childhood education and care programs since 1902. The nonprofit agency is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and has eight locations. Serving 1,500 children a year, its comprehensive pre-K curriculum, on-site healthcare providers, family service workers and nutrition program set it apart from other early childhood education providers. CLC also collaborates with Yale University on a breakthrough program to develop social and emotional skills in young children.
- CLC provides federal Head Start and Early Head Start along with Connecticut School Readiness and Child Development programs to Stamford and its surrounding communities.
- Our comprehensive programs serve children six weeks to five years old. Families pay sliding scale-based fees.
- Our play-based learning philosophy allows children to discover the world at their own pace through hands-on, fun activities. Our infant, toddler, and preschool classrooms all use the Creative Curriculum. Backed by comprehensive child development research, our activities are stimulating, hands-on and fun!
- Early Head Start serves infants and toddlers providing early, continuous, and comprehensive child development and family support services.
- We offer a private pay program for infants and toddlers at our Palmer’s Hill location.
CLC at a Glance
- Nonprofit preschool with 8 locations in Stamford serving 1500 children 6 weeks - 5-years-old each year.
- 2nd largest early childhood education provider in Connecticut.
- 87% of families served considered low income (eligible for Free/Reduced lunch).
- 43% of Stamford Public Schools students attended.
- Serves 500,000 nutritious meals & snacks each year – providing 80% of a child’s daily nutrition needs.
- The first preschool to partner with Yale University on its social emotional curriculum (RULER).
All children, regardless of background or financial need, experience an age-appropriate comprehensive curriculum delivered by highly trained teachers including on-site health care, nutrition and exercise programs. CLC programs are very affordable because CLC benefits from several federal and state funding resources:
- The Connecticut State Department of Education Child Development Program
- The Connecticut State Department of Education School Readiness Program
- The Federal Head Start and Early Head Start Programs
- Well-trained, caring, dedicated teachers, many with Early Childhood Education Degrees and more than 20 years of CLC experience.
- A creative, comprehensive curriculum built upon hands-on learning, sensory awareness, creative expression, multicultural socialization and lessons that develop literacy and science skills, as well as self-esteem and physical development.
- On-site health care providers and family service workers who partner with teachers and parents to ensure that children’s medical, nutritional, physical and emotional needs are identified and addressed.
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snacks that provide 80% of children’s daily nutritional needs, served daily under the supervision of a Registered Dietetic Technician to help the children grow healthy and strong.
CLC Palmer's Hill
64 Palmer's Hill Road
Stamford, CT 06902-2113
CLC William Pitt
195 Hillandale Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902-2823
CLC Maple Avenue
90 Maple Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902-4040
93 Lockwood Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902-4201
CLC Early Head Start
72 Franklin Street
Stamford, CT 06902-4949
CLC Franklin Commons
141 Franklin Street
Stamford, CT 06901-1014
90 Maple Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
CLC Lathon Wider
137 Henry Street
Stamford, CT 06902
CLC Head Start Delegate Agency
40 Arch Street
Greenwich, CT 06830-6525