September is National Library Card Sign Up Month! Library cards open a world of learning, imagination and resources for families. So, there is no better time to get a library card for you and your child!
Adults ages 18 and up can apply for and renew library cards with the Ferguson Library in Stamford either online or at any of the library branches. Library cards are FREE for those who live or work in Stamford!
What do I need?
You will need one of the following documents to get or renew a Ferguson Library Card:
- Driver’s license with current address
- Car registration with current address
- Current receipt with address, i.e. rent, tax, utility bill (no emergency room bills)
- Lease with current address
- City of Stamford golf permit
- State ID with current address (issued by the DMV, no PO Box # as the primary address)
Children & Teens
Children can apply for a library card at any Ferguson Library branch. They must be able to write their own name and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
High school students can apply for a library card at any library location. They must provide a report card or a driver’s license with a current address listed.
Thanks to a partnership between the Ferguson Library and Stamford Public Schools, any SPS student can access digital materials without a library card. Learn more about the Linked Libraries program here!